Trust me, Kevin, Wayne call tell you that I’ve bugged him in the past for an
all-mode, stand-alone transceiver for the 6m, 2m, 222 MHz and 432 MHz bands.

I made the point that they have the technology, since they have sold
transverters for those bands for some time now; just put it all in one box.  Of
course, that’s probably an oversimplification.

His reply in the past was that there probably isn’t the market out there for
such a transceiver, which makes sense to me.

I almost bought the 222MHz transverter, then found out that there’s almost no
activity on that band in this area except during contests, or on the repeaters.
 Odd, considering that this is the second-most populous area in the USA.

I did buy a Kenwood TS-2000X transceiver, which covers those bands, plus 1.2
GHz but minus 222 MHz.  It sure would look nice to have the VHF/UHF coverage in
a matching transceiver with the Elecraft label, sitting next to my K3S,
though...

73 de Jim-AD6CW

Sent from my iPhone