Hi Chip,

Not saying this is your problem but my Bencher twin paddles started going random nuts. The contact gap is small, less than the thickness of a sheet of 70gm paper. During keying it would stick one side or the other. It turned out to be the screws fastening the contact pillars not being tight. I guess over the years the plastic insulating washers must have compressed allowing the pillars to imperceptibly move.

Since tightening them, the only problem with the paddles is me.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO