Re:

“But there is also a small black wire that bonds the V- terminal to the case.
Should the paint around that screw also be removed???Does that negative rail
need to be bonded to the chassis??”

I’m trying to figure out the difference between the “case” and the “chassis”.

Can you help?

Jim Brown’s answer is also ambiguous to me.

He says, yes scrape and attach the V- rail to deal with your black wire if you
want to bond V-, but then says don’t because the negative rail should not be
bonded to the chassis.

I quote below:

> “But there is also a small black wire that bonds the V- terminal to the case.
> Should the paint around that screw also be removed?

Yes, IF you want to bond V-.

> ?Does that negative rail need to be bonded to the chassis?

No, and in general, it should NOT be bonded.”

I also offer I might be out of touch with the subtleties of the concept, and
may be interpreting the comments incorrectly.

In any event, some clarification would be appreciated

What did you finally do? And did it work?

Thanks,

Ed McCann
AG6CX

Sent from my iPhone