Here is my reply to another response which didn't make it to my Inbox. I
try to keep up with everyone's inquiries. The original response is at
the bottom:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback. I've been wondering the same thing about the
grille. A square or rectangular grille would mimic the look of the
Elecraft SP3, which is a plus. On the other hand, in order to have a
volume knob on the face, a square or rectangular grille would likely
force the enclosure to be wider to accommodate both the grille and knob.
The round grille allows a knob to be placed in the corner with ease.
Also, a round grille weighs less.

I used a round grille for the first prototype because I was able to
source one that fit the speaker driver I'm using. So, I could at least
have a complete speaker. Fortunately, it looks better than I had
anticipated. Of course, your question is, which would look better? For
many, it comes down to personal preference. I'm open to what you and
others prefer.

Thanks and 73,
Robert (AG6ZZ)

Robert,

I love the idea, I'm wondering about whether a square or rectangular
speaker grill would look better.  73,

Mark
KM6HFR