Hi all, new ham here and a KX3 owner for three weeks. In the time I've had the radio, I've used it exclusively for FT8. The first thing I did was to set it up for digital modes using settings from a YouTube video by K5ACL. Specifically:

AGC MD: off (default is on)

Mike bias: off (default is on)

RS232: Set to desired baud rate. KX3 supports max 38400 baud

RX EQ: off

TX EQ: off

TX GAIN: ALC 25 (this is the default)

Mode: USB

This all worked fine. Not long thereafter II changed from setting the KX3 mode to USB, and have been using the Data mode instead.

Now I'm looking at expanding use of the radio to CW and perhaps to voice. I therefore wanted to revisit the settings to make sure I understand them all, and know which are important.

Some questions:

1) Do all of the above seem important for digital modes such as FT8? I believe I read somewhere that when the KX3 is put into Data mode it will make some of these changes anyway. Are there any I don't need to worry about as long as I select Data mode for FT8 and other digital sessions?

2) Should I change any of the above settings for CW?

3) Should I change any of the above settings for phone? Wondering for example about the mike bias and EQ.

Thanks for any possible help,

Frank K6FOD