I'm not all that familiar with the Flex stuff but in some SDR software display systems it is possible to adjust the waterfall sensitivity and contrast independent of any spectrum bandscope position adjustment. It is often also possible to have any signal levels indicated by such displays bear no relationship to any accurate level.The P3 waterfall contrast changes with the reference level setting which in itself changes with the displayed bandwidth, seems appropriate. Scale will adjust the sensitivity I think.

In the situation I have here where it is unusual to have any signals on any band at more than S7-8, nearest centre of any appreciable activity is several thousand miles away so mostly fairly weak signals, in this case I find having the waterfall in monochrome, spectrum display is still in colour, to be quite an advantage. It is quite possible to set an almost black waterfall with signals barely above the noise floor showing as grey marks, often much more discernible than anything on the spectrum display.

Martin, HS0ZED