This is what I do. Then I read the noise level in dBm from the screen. Very
useful to compare noise levels at different times, etc.

But what I would like is a menu command that could be assigned to one of the
function keys to automatically compute the average noise level and then adjust
the ref level.

There would have to be an adjustment for an offset from the average, so you
could set it up once to look the way you like it.

Then you could just tap the key whenever you want to readjust the ref level,
and it would alway look the same.

Vic 4X6GP