Phil,

Yes, I'm catching up on e-mail.

Your description of physics cirriculum brought me back to my high school
physics which was called "PSSC" based on the work done at MIT and described
in:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Science_Study_Committee.  I had
been licensed a couple of years by then (1962) and found PSSC physics fit me
to a tee!

My bachelor studies in vocational education decades later showed how the
approached used by the PSSC was smart and useful, something being
"re-discovered" today by educators who often are behind their peers.  The
Wikipedia article above includes a mention of Heathkit's products that were
modified to fit the PSSC model.

In between high school and my vocational education experience I taught
electronics for Eastern New Mexico University while stationed at Canon AFB.
I used the text by Robert Schraeder "Electronic Communication" which one can
find used today.  I lent mine to my Air Force boss and bought another
recently.  Schraeder, like so few, has the ability to write clearly about
difficult concepts that makes them seem simple.  That text made my teaching
much easier!  "The Art of Electronics" will certainly fit into my reading
schedule, in which I am also way behind.

73, Bill, K8TE

"My undergraduate degree is Physics and back in the 1960s, my physics
curriculum included a similar course study.  This was all about using lab
equipment but also making the necessary little electronic gadgets that were
important to work in a physics research laboratory.  When I took my course,
the book "The Art of Electronics" did not exist and we never had a text book
in our course."

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/