Clay,

I tried the fix below and my COM port connection still does not work.

Mark
WU6R

On May 27, 2018, at 07:59 AM, Clay Autery <k...@montac.com> wrote:

A similar problem has happened to VNWA users on Windows 10 upgrades.  USB Vodecs are
still in the registry, but Win10 upgrade set them to "DISABLED".
You should try an app called USB View:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/usbview
Use this reference to generally tell you how to find and enable the Codecs:
No VNWA sound devices detected after upgrade to Windows 10 feature release 1703
<--- I suspect it will happen on every major release

http://sdr-kits.net/documents/VNWA_Sound_Devices_error_after_Windows10_upgrade.pdf
You might also open Windows Device Manager and select View --> Hidden Devices
to see if it is there.

Windows+R, type devmgmt.msc then ENTER.

Either way, you'll need to know WHICH USB Cdec was the one your K3s was
using...  Windows has a habit of creating a separate one for each USB port the
device is plugged into.
I have started editing the names of the USB Codec entries in Sound Manager so I
know which is which.

Hope this helps...
73,
Clay Autery, KY5G