Good Evening,
Two interesting nets. The first was plagued by QSB (but not on this end). The next was hit with even faster QSB (flutter) which did effect copy on this end. But I was hearing check ins from the Midwest who stated they could not hear me. KL7V/5 was a solid S7 as was Tom in Missouri. Never can tell which way propagation is pointed. We did have a few folks from MAQP stop by. Massachusetts QSO Party?? Pete bookended twenty meters. His first check in was strong, the second weaker, and then on 40 I had to ask for three repetitions of his call before I got it right. VE6ITA, John was trying to get Tom's attention but he was pounding into Oregon at an S7 or better. Scott checked in from rainy St. Paul so we exchanged bug reports; the biting kind! Once the weather becomes pleasant here the black flies make it less so. You get about five minutes outside before you become a meal. But those Midwestern mosquitos don't give even that much time before you are being drained of blood. At least I don't have deer flies here ;) My work bench has been filled with all sorts of projects lately. Two of them are hobby related. The other four are for work. But the solder station is getting used, the oscilloscope is getting a workout, and I am getting to design and build electronics. I get to write the firmware too so I am having fun. I will close the control loop between a camera, some servos, and an accelerometer/magnetometer lashup. Once the camera is aimed correctly just hit the hold button and the control loop takes over (cross fingers here). I am getting away from my wire wrapping technique and using a bit of ugly construction. I can get the test leads in more easily.

   However, the lists ===>

On 14051 kHz at 2259z:
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K1 - 553
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K3IU - Ken - RI - K2 - 5413 Has now checked in four times from three different K2s.
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152
AA0GO - Mike - MO - Ten Tec Corsair
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K1 - 553

On 7045 kHz at 0259z:
N0SS - Tom - K2 - 008
W6ZH - Pete - CA - K1 - 553
K7TQ - Randy - ID - K2 - 213
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608    QNI  #65!!!
VE6ITA - John - AB - K2 - 5384
W1EUY - Dave - MA - K2 - 744    ???
KL7V/5 - Sam - OK - K2 - 3158
WG7Y - Robert - WY - ??
W1KV - Stephen - MA - ??
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993    QNI #55!!!
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866   QNI #10!

If there are any errors in the above two lists please send me an email with the corrections. Any fills would be helpful too.

I am glad the QRN was not as bad on 40 meters as it was last week. I did hear complaints from folks in the East of how bad it was but I heard very little. Gives my ears a rest ;)
   Until next week, stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)