From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Wes Stewart
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2018 3:45 PM
To: Paul Baldock <p...@paulbaldock.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA-1500 ATU not working well

OK, note my qualifier, "If".  If there are other detrimental issues with
greater load mismatch then they might need to be addressed.  Unfortunately,
Elecraft doesn't specify a load requirement for rated output.  Gain ripple that
you observe is possibly a reflection (no pun intended) of the LPFs rather than
the intrinsic performance of the transistors, although as I have reported
elsewhere K3S IMD is frequency sensitive, but not overly so within a band.

One point I would like to make is that guys who wring their hands because the
SWR meters on the K3, KAT500 and KPAs all read differently should lighten up.
There are reasons why this can be without there being product defects.

Wes  N7WS

delivered to k9...@live.com