Dick,

The KPA500 has a power supply switch on the rear panel adjacent to the
socket for the power cord.   When you press the OFF button on the front
panel the control circuitry is still active.  This permits software to
remotely power up the amp.  If you turn off that rear switch all power is
removed from the amp; the same as pulling the plug from the wall socket.

Ken
WA2LBI

--

Ken