    Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 17:50:28 -0700 (MST)
    From: ab2tc <ab...@arrl.net>
    To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
    Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] factory upgrade to K3(s)

    Hi all,

    There is a bit of misinformation in this thread. The new synthesizer does
    not make any difference to the noise floor in the absence of strong nearby
    signals. This is how noise floor is usually measured. What it does is
    improving the reciprocal mixing of nearby signals and the phase noise on
    transmit. This improvement is significant. But the basic sensitivity of the
    receiver (noise floor) is not affected.

    AB2TC - Knut

    --
    Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/