Hi All,

I was thinking about the differences between using the digital modes on HF
andKnob and Dial modes, and I came up with this comparison.

     Basically ft8 and digital modes take morework on the setup end and are
easy to operate and "knob and dial"radios have little setup and the most time
is spent directing the operation.Both take the same amount of effort but are
inverse.
   My limited math abilities express then relationship as-

  Dm(S10τ+Oτ)=K

  Kd(Sτ+O10τ)=K

Where Dm=Digital Mode          Kd=Knoband Dial radios          S= Setup
          O=Operating          τ= Time         K= Total effort

  Revisionswelcome-----    Doug Millar K6JEY

Dr.Doug Millar EdD.
K6JEY
drzarko...@yahoo.com