If you are looking at creating a Y splitter (actually the best way for this
setup), then be sure to only connect ground and the signal going to the magloop
controller.
As someone has mentioned, you do not want to have two devices driving a data
signal simultaneously. At some point one will go to +12V, the other to -12V.
They will argue and one will win, the other will cease to function.

We were very careful when designing the devices that need to “sniff” the RS-232
cable. The KRC2 has an internal multiplexer that allows it to share driving the
signal to the radio in parallel to the one from the computer.
Even still, we advice folks to set one or the other for sending commands to the
radio. The KPA500 has an internal relay to enable or disable the data being
sent out the PC port. this is controlled by the menu system, allowing
the KPA to perform serial polling (PC port TxD will be enabled) or pure
sniffing (TxD disabled).

Note that enabling both devices (computer and antenna controller) to poll the
radio can be problematic, even with a multiplexing device. There are some PC
applications that can be greatly surprised if they receive a response they
didn’t specifically ask for. The surprise generally ends in a crash. Most
programs have been rewritten to accept whatever comes there way. I won’t
embarrass the problematic program’s authors, but they are aware.

There is one other thing to consider. If you always use the radio and magloop
with the computer running, then you are fine. But at some point if you don’t
want to use the radio then you will need a source to poll the data. In that
case just set the radio to output changes as they occur. That should do the job
quite nicely, keeping the magloop controller happy with more data than probably
needs to get the job done.

73,
Jack, W6FB