Hy home station is a KX3 + KPXA100, and I can control the radio via the RS232
port on the KXPA. However, recently I added a Ciro Mazzoni magloop to the
station, and its controller plugs in to the KXPA serial port to sniff for
frequency information, allowing re-tuning on the fly. This leaves no RS232 port
left for remote control of the radio.

How do I modify this arrangement to add an extra serial port for KX3 control?
My first thought is that, since the antenna controller just sniffs for data, I
could add a DB-9 Y-cable to provide the extra port at the controller serial
port location. However, packets could still collide ...does the protocol handle
this? Is there some sort of multiplexer available?

Thanks,

Steve

NU7B