On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Dave Cole (NK7Z) <d...@nk7z.net> wrote:

> I am working with a friend to assist him in getting his K3S/P3 set up for
> macros...  I was attempting to input a macro trigger character, using the
> Function keys F1-12 as the triggers.

At first I was confused because the phrase "trigger character" does not
appear in the P3 or K3 manuals.  I guess you are connecting a USB keyboard
to a P3's USB port (P3SVGA option must be installed), then using the P3
macro entry window (Ctrl-Alt-M) to save a macro and assign it to "Recall
Key" on the PC keyboard.

> F1-F8 work fine as triggers, it appears that his K3S/P3, both running
> current software, does not accept F9-F12 as trigger keys.

Are there any (perhaps empty) text messages currently assigned to F9-F12?
Press Ctrl-Alt-T to enter the Text Message Entry window.  Maybe there's a
conflict?

The P3 simply ignores those characters while in MACRO MODE and inputing a
> macro and its trigger, if I change nothing, and press F1 it is accepted as
> a trigger...

Are you saying that you created a P3 macro using Ctrl-Alt-M, assigned to to
recall key F1 on the USB keyboard (not FN1 on the P3), and it works fine,
but when you assign the same macro to F9 - F12, it doesn't work, or it
won't let you save the assignment?

My K3, (NON S), and P3, (both with current software), take those
> characters.  Is there something different with the K3S/P3 that might cause
> this?

Are you using a USB connection to the K3S, with CBLP3Y connected to the P3
port?  It should work the same as the legacy serial port connection.

Have you tried a different USB keyboard on the P3?

73,
Bob, N6TV