Thanks, Don.

I know the question was almost impossibly naive.  I backtracked through the
instructions, and found no mention of which position the switch should be
in.  This omission, and the fact that S1 mentioned in the manual has now
become the 12V jumper, were the only two steps that gave me pause as I
worked through the installation.  Many thanks.

Mark
AE6RT

--
Mark