Bill,

Fine on the power sequence, but the Not Inst message indicates that either the Control Cable to the K2 is not fully plugged in (check both ends) or the cable has a bad connection, or that the firmware in the KAT100 is not being recognized.

You should tighten the cable jackscrews to check the first, and for the last situation, try reseating the firmware IC in the KAT100.

73,
Don W3FPR