Can you shut off the Win 10 automatic update? You could on older Windows versions.

George, W3HBM

On 8/15/2018 2:43 PM, Warren Merkel wrote:
I'm looking to get the KPA1500-Remote utility to survive these darn Windows 10 forced reboots after Windows Update.   I can get the KPA1500 Remote utility to auto-start FB after a reboot.

However, it doesn't remember it was in "Host Remote" mode and just comes up waiting for mouse clicks that will never come -- since it's on an unattended PC running RCForb.  I'm using it in "Ethernet" mode, though the KPA1500's USB cable is also connected to the same PC for RCForb.

There doesn't seem to be any command line options yet, or at least nothing is documented or listed from a /h, /help, or /? command line parameter.

Am I missing something in the setup dialogs?

Other observations:

When the "Start Hosting Remote" command button is clicked, I get the warning dialog: "IP Address Appears not to be a Local IP or Invalid IP..."

My IP addresses are sane as both the PC and the KPA1500  have valid addresses in the 192.168.x.x address space.  Could this warning dialog be getting in the way of the auto-start of Hosting Remote mode.

The process name shows up in task list as "KPA500-Remote", though I know it's really the KPA1500 version of the app.

Constructive suggestions welcomed.

KPA1500 Remote version 1.0.14.0

Warren Merkel, KD4Z

Message delivered to gkid...@ilstu.edu