I have decided to get away from the Behringer amplified speakers and build a box with a Lanzar subwoofer (6.5 inch - 105 to 12k - 94 db sensitivity - 8 Ohm) for HF and several 3" speakers for the assorted VHF/scanners etc.. The box will be sealed and I may partition the smaller speakers into their own compartment. For the smaller speakers, I am looking at the 3" DROK (15W - 108 to 20k - 8 Ohm - 90db sensitivity) - although I an not above using something cheaper (due to their planned usage).

Nothing fancy for the entire project. The primary speaker will be switched between the K3 and another rig, as needed. Both rigs are recent and are loaded with EQs etc. If I run into a hiss problem, I should be able to eliminate it by using a condenser or two across the inputs to knock out offending highs.

The initial reason for the Behringers was to remove offending hiss, which they do well. Now, I am looking for a simplier solution - with less controls and less wires. Hence, a single speaker box for everything. Needless to say, I do have a good shop. My K3 does not have a second RX and never will. I rag chew - no DX or contesting.

I have avoided the metal box speakers from the various big names (IKY) - too expensive for that they are and I do need matching anything.

Suggestions and comments would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC