Does anyone happen to have the K3 model KIO3 circuit card that is excess to
their needs?   If you have upgraded to the new K3S KIO3B you may have one.
It seems that the RS232 control on one of my K3 XCVRs has bit the dust.   I
checked with Elecraft and they no longer have any of the old style.  That
leaves me with a mandatory upgrade (expensive if I don't need it) or send
the K3 back to Elecraft for a repair.  It seems a bit excessive to send it
back for such a simple problem.

I am now off to the schematics to see what chip is probably blown - but I am
NOT a surface mount person so that may be just a fun exercise in schematic
reading.

Thanks for your help!!

73,

Bruce N1LN