No, BNC's and N's do not inter-mate, not without damage.

Yes, you can push a N plug into a BNC socket, but the BNC socket will be
permanently damaged if you push hard enough for it not to fall out
unexpectedly.  Plus the mismatch will be bad.  But in an emergency?

Yes, the dimensions of the actual RF connector interface are similar,
but there is a major difference in the dielectric arrangements.

N's are "weather resistant" (some more so than others) but not "water
proof".  BNC's of course are neither.  (And neither are SO239/PL259's!)

73.

Dave G0WBX.