I disconnected the earth ground to the KAT100 and connected a 23.4 foot length
of wire to the KAT100 ground lug last night.  The tuner displayed only the
leftmost LED at 100 watts on 30 meters.  At that time I noticed a very slight
erratic LED behavior on 60 meters.  I thought for the mostpart I had solved my
erratic LED problem.  Today I found the LEDs were again erratic on 30 meters
with this 30 meter counterpoise.
An interesting observation....with no ground or counterpoise the KAT100 at 100
watts on all bands shows no signs of stray RF except on 30 meters and tunes to
1:1 on all bands (even 30 meters).  The Bird meter verifies that 100 watts
forward and maybe one watt reflected is going between the K2/100 and the KAT100
which terminates into my Carolina Windom 80. Because the Carolina Windom is an
off-center fed antenna, this imbalance may be the cause.
I removed the counterpoise and reconnected the earth ground.  I feel like Don
Quixote chasing windmills.  Thanks to all who made suggestions.  Roy Morris
W4WFB
Checked by AVG Free Edition.