Ummm ... "completely uncertain" is not true as is "nobody really knows."  A great deal of information and data on solar dynamics has been collected and analyzed in recent years which shed a lot of light [no pun intended] on the various solar cycles and processes, and a great deal *is* known and understood, just not everything.

The probability of a reprise of the late 50's Cycle 19 for Cycle 25 is known to be very low.  The probability of a very weak Cycle 25 is much higher.  Meanwhile, as N6KR points out, my radio still works and I still make QSO's, some with stations very far away.

I too think the article in CQ is very interesting, I read it twice.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County