I have very little doubt that the next sunspot cycle will be pretty weak.  The long term trend has been pretty obvious in general. However, it seems erroneous that they would predict a delay in the start when the first (albeit weak) sunspot of Cycle 25 (opposite polarity) has just recently been spotted.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/12/it-appears-solar-cycle-25-has-begun-solar-cyle-24-one-of-the-shortest-and-weakest-ever/

http://www.stce.be/node/359

And I've seen no scientific analysis at all that says there won't be some sort of maximum at all.  NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center even expects a solar maximum roughly the same as for Cycle 24.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/images/u33/What%20Happened%20to%20Those%20Sunspots.pdf

Who knows what the actual story will be (I certainly don't), but I'm going to place a CQ article fairly far down my list of credible sources.

73,
Dave   AB7E