I basically do the same with different radios.   The K3S is connected to the KAT500 and then through the KPAK3AUX cable to the KPA500.   The other radio has a Amp Key output basically an open collector to ground which I connect to the PA Key input.   Either radio will key the KPA500 and no switching or changes required. Just cables and connectors.  Adding the KAT500 requires a second KPAK3AUX cable and slightly different wiring configuration. However, with either radio, no other changes required.   Just be sure you have the correct drive power set and TUNE power set for each radio before hitting the PTT switch.

All this is very easy to accomplish with the cables and connectors provided by Elecraft.  The worst part is that hams "over think" the solution.

73

Bob, K4TAX