I used HDSDR software and a BNC T  and a couple of short coax jumpers from the RX ANT output back into the RX input.   Activate the feature from the front panel of the K3S.    The input impedance of the RSP-1  SDR is well above 50 ohms and thus I didn't observe any loading or loss of the received signal.

As to software, HDSDR was my favorite and easy to setup and use. I added OmniRig to allow for full interface to the K3S.  This provides two way communications between the radio and computer. Thus any change on the radio is effected the same on the computer and any change on the computer is resolved on the radio.  Of course there is capability in the HDSDR software to have your choice of the radio following the computer or the computer following the radio or neither, thus both being independent.

An excellent and economical approach which I used several years and with different radios as well.   That is......until I purchased a P3 to go with my K3S.

73

Bob, K4TAX