The P3 is simpler- plug and play, no fooling around with configuring HDSDR
or whatever software you prefer. You can set up the hardware buttons for
whatever you want, so it’s very convenient to make quick changes to span,
etc.

SDRPlay is cheaper and can integrate with other software to show spots on
the waterfall, etc.

I started with a softrock and a sound card for a pan adapter, then moved to
SDRPlay, then bought a P3. I don't miss the dependence on the computer, or
the larger screen. Your mileage may vary.