In checking my K3S into an antenna that presents a 2:1 SWR as indicated on my external Power/SWR meter, my KPA500 in STBY, and my KAT500 in bypass mode, it does deliver 100 watts.   Although, I prefer not to operate in that configuration if not necessary.

I think in general we fret too much over values of SWR which are 1.5:1 or less at the station end i.e. between the tuner and the amp or transceiver.  This is  without regard to the actual SWR on the feedline between the tuner and the antenna load.  That is where the real power loss occurs.  Also, in many cases, using a tuner in a feedline where the SWR is 1.5:1 or less, most likely the tuner introduces more loss than if the tuner was not in the path.    There is a nice XLS spreadsheet http://www.dj0ip.de/antenna-matchboxes/matchbox-shoot-out/ showing the actual loss of many different tuners, different bands, and different matched and unmatched losses.   Rather eye opening.

Regarding the SWR fault at 1.4:1, is that at 35 ohms or at 70 ohms?   Significant difference in current demand of the PA between the two values while SWR appears to remain the same.   This is largely the reason I often state that SWR only tells 1/2 of the story of antenna system performance.  A PA correctly designed will monitor the current in addition to SWR  and not just SWR as most seem to do.

73

Bob, K4TAX