From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of David Gilbert
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:39 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] I am flummoxed about my antenna

Agree on both points.  The resonant point appears to be well below 1.8 MHz and
there is clearly a lot of loss in there somewhere.  He says he changed out the
coax so water in the coax seems less likely.

The fact that the resonance has dropped is odd, since it implies more length
instead of less like you'd get with a bad connection.  I wonder if the end of
the wire that is in the tree has lost it's insulation and there is actually
contact to wet wood there.  That would add both additional loading and loss.

73,
Dave   AB7E

Message delivered to pin...@erols.com