I use an 1/8 wavelength top-loaded vertical up a tree with one 1/8 wavelength
elevated radial. I had it tuned dead on at 1830 and it works quite well for
what it is BUT with the rain the last several nights, the ground is wet, tree
is wet, antenna is wet, the 1:1 SWR point moved down about 50 kHz ... turned on
the tuner for the contest. Once things dry out at your QTH do another SWR check
and see how things measure up.
73, Mike WA5POK
(P S - I apologize to anyone hear that called and I didn't hear ... fought an
S7 noise all weekend long. Ugh.)

    On Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:54 PM, Leroy Buller <lee.bul...@gmail.com>