Hi Dick,

An EZNEC and SimSmith model of the on ground 1/4 wave vertical:
https://www.kn5l.net/images/SS-KA5KKT-vertical.png

SimSmith R1 represents ground loss, the value set to establish a 50 ohm
load at the transmitter, G in SimSmith.

According to the models, the 7 to 7.3 MHz SWR is a little below 1.3.

A flat measurement using the K3 SWR meter seams reasonable. My
suggestion is to use a VNA to measure the antenna and system.

John KN5L