Vic Wrote:

I've always wanted to try some kind of
crossover device that would distribute the signal between the two
earphones according to frequency.  Then as I tune through a CW signal,
it would seem to move.
This has been on my mind too for a long time. I even seem to recall I've got a schematic saved somewhere for a circuit that does just that, so somebody beat us to it. I just never came around to built and test it for myself.... For details, contact me offline and I'll try to dig up the circuit.

I'd expect the hiss that 'll always appear in one ear to cause fatigue.

Anybody 'been there, done that' and willing to tell us about it?

Bart de PA3GUY