While I agree with Jim's information, I would point out the flat dipole will have 3 dB more signal off of its broadside 0/180° as compared to that of a inverted V dipole off of its broadside.  At the same time, the inverted V dipole will have about 4.5 db more signal off of its ends 90/270° as compared to that of a flat dipole off of its ends.

It appears what one loses with one antenna is made up with the other antenna depending on azimuth and apex angle of the inverted V being somewhat greater than 90°.    In fact it appears that the Inverted V has almost an omnidirectional pattern at an elevation angle of 25°.  Fig 9.6

If a close match to 50 ohms is required, it is best to adjust the angle for lowest SWR while maintaining resonance by adjustment of the length.

Reference:  ARRL Antenna Book, 22nd Edition,  9.1.3 Inverted-V Dipole

73

Bob, K4TAX