As I dug around in my store room to recover the KTA100-2, which sold quickly, I also found, still in the brown paper, an original K2 QRP top cover. I believe this was left over from K2 build that went directly to the 100 watt amp option.  Sop if anyone needs a new top cover, contact me off list.

73, Doug --KJ0F

On 12/22/2018 2:30 PM, Rick Wheeler wrote:
I always wondered why Elecraft discontinued the EC2 enclosure. Even the mod to
use the EC2 enclosure with the 100 watt amp and tuner was unofficial as I
understood. I built the 100 amp and tuner in the EC2 as per the instructions to
mate with the K2. Maybe the demand was not there but neat setup and works great!

Rick

K4LX

K2 No. 2005

________________________________
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on behalf
of Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:03:18 PM
To: Johnny Matlock; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 100 Tuner question

Johnny,

NO!  First of all, the KPA100 occupies the entire top area of the K2
(there is no room in the K2 for both) and secondly, the KAT2 is only
rated for 20 watts,
and thirdly, the ATU must be between the amplifier and the antenna - a
tuner at the input of an amplifier will do nothing useful.

Use the KAT100-1 - it is about half the height of the K2 enclosure.

Contrary to some comments I have seen and heard, the KAT100-1 is
available and will be for some time in the future.

It is the EC2 enclosure that is no longer available, and the KAT100-2
depended on the EC2 for the enclosure, so the KAT100-2 had to be
discontinued at the same time as the EC2 was discontinued.

73,
Don W3FPR