While I seriously doubt any rejection of nearby frequencies by a tuner is likely to have any effect on the K3 receiver, I'd point out that any tuner configuration other than an L network can provide a match over a wide range of Q. One generally tries to tune them for minimum Q to minimize losses. If tuned to a high Q, however, both the T and pi networks generally will provide some rejection of adjacent frequencies. Just how much is impossible to predict, unless you know just how the antenna impedance varies with frequency. At far removed frequencies, of course, a T does act like a high pass, and a pi like a low pass, but in neither case do they match the antenna to 50 Ohms, unless it happens to actually be 50 Ohms at some frequency.

That said, is suppose it IS possible that a tuner/antenna combination just happened to have a deep null right on the frequency of a nearby broadcast station which was causing intermodulation. If that were the case, a more reliable solution would be a trap or stub.

73,
Scott K9MA