Well this is a strange one. I set one of the Programmable Function switches
PF1 to turn the illumination of the display on and off which works fine as
a shortcut (I like to keep the display of the KX3 off most of the time in
the shack and was delighted to find I can set PF1 or PF2 to easily do that
with one step). Well, apparently it *also *ends any transmitting of the KX3
while using external programs like WSJT-X or fldigi. The switch doesn't
work as a shortcut to a menu item while the rig is keyed. Is there a
solution to this or is it some sort of limitation of the PF1 switches that
they cease to work as shortcuts while the rig is transmitting?
Thanks, Mike AB7RU