Well, I saw the email Thursday night about the Important firmware update for the
kpa1500 v2.0
So I applied it after updating the utility program first when I got home from
work on Friday.

Going well, till it failed and then hung.
Yes - I freaked out, I know what bad things happen when firmware updates go
bad (aka iPhone)

well, sent a email to support - WITHIN 5 mins someone called to have me
power off the from the back switch on the PS wait 5 mins and should be fine.
Sorry -- didn't remember his name, but the point was that I got a call
within 5 minutes !!!!!  Fantastic support .......

So  i followed what he said to do and tried it 10 mins later
Still issues - just showed loading , but the utility showing loading but
nothing worked yet and the fans were screaming. Another email to support
......... 5 minutes later again, Cody called and walked me off the edge and
explained the force load procedure on page 29 ( yea - I know ..... RTFM. I did
remember
seeing, but didn't remember it at the time

well, back in business less than 5 mins later on the air all done happy
happy joy joy

So, big NY kudos to tech support, first tech and to Cody. that's top notch
support .....
Cody made mention he wanted to make sure i got thru this for the weekend,
that right there ...... yea

So, to Elecraft Support/Engineers  thank you from n2ry ..... just spent 45
mins on 80m AM
Richn2ry