From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Rich Yost via Elecraft
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2019 8:45 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Tech Support --- kpa1500 KUDOS

Well, I saw the email Thursday night about the Important firmware update for the
kpa1500 v2.0
So I applied it after updating the utility program first when I got home from
work on Friday.

Going well, till it failed and then hung.
Yes - I freaked out, I know what bad things happen when firmware updates go bad
(aka iPhone)

well, sent a email to support - WITHIN 5 mins someone called to have me power
off the from the back switch on the PS wait 5 mins and should be fine.
Sorry -- didn't remember his name, but the point was that I got a call within 5
minutes !!!!!  Fantastic support .......

So  i followed what he said to do and tried it 10 mins later Still issues -
just showed loading , but the utility showing loading but nothing worked yet
and the fans were screaming. Another email to support ......... 5 minutes later
again, Cody called and walked me off the edge and explained the force load
procedure on page 29 ( yea - I know ..... RTFM. I did remember seeing, but
didn't remember it at the time

well, back in business less than 5 mins later on the air all done happy happy
joy joy

So, big NY kudos to tech support, first tech and to Cody. that's top notch
support .....
Cody made mention he wanted to make sure i got thru this for the weekend, that
right there ...... yea

So, to Elecraft Support/Engineers  thank you from n2ry ..... just spent 45 mins
on 80m AM Richn2ry

delivered to pin...@erols.com