Don,

I guess I should have pointed out that I was assuming one of those wide-range, balanced tuners of days of yore.  I have one of those plug-in coil tuners I built long ago, and it will match almost anything, so feedline length is seldom an issue. Alas, the commercial tuners available today have much smaller ranges, so one does have to ensure that the impedance is in range, both of the tuner and the balun.

73,
Scott K9MA