I think “window line” is less ambiguous for the stuff separated by plastic with
squares cut out. I see “ladder line” being used to mean either window line or
open wire line.

DX Engineering uses ladder line to mean the plastic dielectric line:
https://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/ladder-line

W7FG uses ladder line to mean 600 Ohm open wire line:
http://trueladderline.com/w7fg-design-600-ohm-open-wire-feedline/

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood