My K3 is serial no. 0007 and the clock is still running on the original battery.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO
CWops no. 5
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/
On 15/01/2019 19:37, Keith Trinity WE6R wrote:
If you don't use the clock, just take the CR2032 battery out!
Save money and ease your minds about leaking.
However, I have never seen one leak in the thousands of K3's I have worked on. I have only replaced the battery upon request as I have never seen one actually be dead. There is no indication that the internal clock battery is low or dead other than the clock does keep time To see if it is dead, just set the clock then turn off the radio and pull the DC power. Time will be wacky when you check it. Also if you take the Front Panel off the radio, the clock will need resetting.

If you see BAT LOW, your DC supply voltage is lower than the setting in the BAT MIN config menu.
Not related to the clock battery.
Keith WE6R