Glenn,

Those pins are actually easy to remove, but it does take a bit of care.
Use a very small tip screwdriver-like tool and depress the small 'tongue' of
metal that should have popped up into the slot on the side of the connector
housing - once that has been depressed, the pin should slide out of the
housing.  You may have to tug on the wire a bit while epressing the 'tongue'

If you bent the 'tongue' too far when you removed the pin, you will have to
pry it up a bit before assembling the pin into the housing again (so it will
lock).  I use the edge of a knife-blade for that operation bcause it usually
is the only thing thin enough to work under the now bent-flat 'tongue'.

73,
Don W3FPR