Also check the ladder line at the ends for possible breaks.

I had one of the “optimized” G5RV antennas sold by W8AMZ which used solid wire
in the ladder line. Due to flexing in the wind the wire broke where it entered
the epoxyed pvc end cap (SO-239 connector) the plastic jacketing was still in
place so the wire would be fine under 20 watts tune but would arc under high
power.

The fix was to rebuild the antenna using copper clad stranded ladder line.

Dave wo2x

Sent from my iPad