Mike,

Is there any chance you have the K60XV option in that K2?
If so, you can set split the transmit path into 2 pieces because the Transverter output takes its output from just after the bandpass filters - i.e. - it does not use the Q5, Q6, Q7 and Q8 stages.

Set up for a transverter band operation with the output in the range of 1 mV - It should not matter which is the IF band.

Monitor the output at the Transverter output to check for distortion.
If present, the problem is in the RF Chain before it reaches the amplifier stages.
If it is clean there, look at the RF Chain after the bandpass filters.

73,
Don W3FPR