Bill,

You do not need a keyer paddle - use the old trick of 'shorting 2 wires
together' as a substitute for a paddle.

There is a 3mm stereo plug that is included with your K2 kit - it has no
purpose other than to be used for a paddle jack - solder one wire onto the
tip lug (that is the DOT line) and another to the ring lug (that is the dash
line) - then to make dots, hold the wire from the tip to the shell of the
plug, and to make dashes, hold the dash wire to the shell.  It is not as
convenient as plugging in a paddle, but works just as well for testing.

73,
Don W3FPR