The method I've used to check my K3S, put the radio in CW mode, tune to each WWV frequency and then press SPOT.   The automatic SPOT function will bring the radio to the WWV frequency +/- 1 Hz. The SPOT function matches the receiver sidetone offset of the WWV carrier and the audio of WWV is not applicable.    If the display is other than the WWV frequency, then adjust the REF CAL number to correct the error.   You do need to check all of the WWV frequencies you can receive to assure the accuracy holds on all bands.

Unfortunately we have come to believe that the digital readouts are absolute, which indeed, they are not.  They depend on the internal reference.  If the internal reference  is incorrect, then everything else is likewise incorrect.

73

Bob, K4TAX