Don, I adjusted the VCO range and ended up with 0.551 vdc at 5000 kHz on the meter and I can now receive WWV at 5000 kHz. Apparently thats enough voltage to work. What I did was adjust L30 so the voltage at 4000 kHz went from 6.52 vdc to 7.35 vdc. All voltages are between 2.715 vdc and 7.350 vdc on the meter.

Harvey  KN6VP
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Harvey Howell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:23 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K60XV Problem

Harvey,

Re-check the VCO range (voltage on the left end of R30), and be certain all the ands fall within the proper range. It is normal for the VCO voltage to become so small below 5300 kHz that the tuning will not continue on down to 5000 Hz. Also the response of the bandpass filter may fall off quite a bit
at 5000 Hz which will reduce the ability to hear at that frequency.

I cannot speak to your 'buzz-saw' - you will have to be more specific.

73,
Don W3FPR