The other day I finally  got up the nerve to perform the temp compensation
procedure on my KX3. The process went fine as far as I could tell (the
Elecraft instructions we great), I tried very hard to limit the temp rise
to only one degree every min or two. So then this morning, I am looking at
my WSPR mode results on 80 meters. At 2 watts I am still being occasionally
reported as drifting 1hz drift, mostly negative, (and saw one -2 hz
drift). I seldom run more than 2 watts any more, and the rig only gets
barely warm at 2.  So I guess I am trying to understand what is within spec
as regards these FT8 / wspr types of modes and performing the temp comp
procedure. Is all well now and these are only anomalies? I will wait until
I can get some reports on 20 meters wspr, because I know it was showing 2-4
hertz drift/minute drift on that band at 2 watts, it will be interesting to
see what it shows now if the band opens some. Is it possible to go back to
the original temp compensation values?
Thanks for any thoughts if you have any and 73's from snowy Spokane (we are
really seeing the snow pile up here it actually looks like winter out there
:)
Mike AB7RU